Snow Shovel Calgary and Edmonton
Winter is upon us! When your sidewalks and pathways get covered in snow and ice, and it needs to be cleared fast.
The thing is, shovelling snow can be a pain in the neck – literally. With the large snow falls and packed snowdrifts we get here in Alberta, long hours of shovelling snow can take a real physical toll on your body.
It’s only a little better if you use a snowblower, which can be hard to push and prone to mechanical problems. If snow shovelling doesn’t sound appealing to you, it’s time to call in the snow removal experts at Yardworx.
We’ll clear your sidewalks, pathways, and driveways for you – and you can stay inside with a mug of hot chocolate and enjoy the wintery views.
Why Snow Shovelling Is Important
Here’s one thing to know: not shovelling your sidewalks isn’t an option. Both the City of Calgary and Edmonton require homeowners and businesses to clear their sidewalks of snow and ice within 24 hours after the end of a snowfall.
If you don’t shovel your sidewalks, you’ll be fined.
Besides, shovelling your sidewalks makes your property safer – for both you and your neighbours. That’s especially true if you have any senior citizens in your household or neighbourhood. If someone slips or falls on your property or sidewalk, you will be liable.
If you live in Calgary, it is important to note that:
- You need to remove snow and ice – down to the bare surface – from public sidewalks bordering your private property within 24 hours of a snowfall ending. Owners of rental properties are responsible for arranging for snow and ice removal when they reside elsewhere.
- You need to remove a minimum width of 1.5 meters of snow and ice – down to the bare surface – from a public pathway bordering your property, also within 24 hours of a snowfall ending. Applicable pathways are those that run parallel and adjacent to a street, with or without separation between the pathway and street (e.g. a grass boulevard).
- You need to pile snow from your private driveway or walkway on your own property (e.g. front lawn). Snow from a public sidewalk or pathway may be shovelled onto another public property, such as a road.
Book Services 24/7
What Does Yardworx Offer?
For most homeowners and businesses, snow shovelling involves more than just the sidewalk in front of your property. There are lots of areas you need to keep clear of snow and ice, including:
- City sidewalks & pathways
- Private sidewalks & pathways
- Lane Ways
- Parking Stalls (including handicap stalls)
- Paths for garbage bins and mail
- Fire Exits
Shovelling all these areas multiple times during a big snowstorm does not sound like a fun job. We understand winters in Alberta. After all, we live here too! So leave your snow shovelling tasks to our professionals at Yardworx. We will shovel everything that needs shovelling, whether it’s your private residence or a big commercial property. If you are looking for snow plowing near me, we also offer that.
Starting at $172.00/month
Our Residential Snow Removal Monthly Plan includes:
- Snow clearing within 24 hours of the end of a snowfall
- Unlimited visits after every snowfall – this means if it snows for 30 days/month, we will make 30 visits
- Flexible billing date range
- We offer a flat monthly rate for residential and commercial properties
- Our crew can come out more than once per day
If you wish to add any additional areas, driveway, corner lot, oversized lot, back area and deck/patio snow clearing are offered at an additional cost.
What’s Not Included in Our Monthly Plan:
Ice melt services are not included in our monthly plan for both commercial and residential customers.
- About one pound of ice removal clears about 30-40 feet of sidewalk.
- This service costs $2.50 per pound as well as $62.50 per worker per hour.
Gravel and snow hauling services are also not included in the monthly plan for commercial customers. Any additional plows over the first two in the month are not part of the monthly commercial plan.
Why Choose Yardworx
Our professional crews offer a variety of services to ensure your residence remains clear of ice and snow, usually before 2:00 p.m. We’ll bring the right tools for the job, every time, for maximum efficiency and minimum environmental impact.
Book with us in 3 simple steps
Step 1: Book your services 24/7 through our online form. Chances are if there is a snow event happening, our teams will be standing by!
Step 2: Our team will follow up with you on your order to verify your quote and ensure we have all the directions and specifications we need.
Step 3: Our system alerts the crew best suited for your job. The crew will come to you as soon as possible, sometimes immediately.
Crews will arrive at your site within 24 hours (in most cases). When they’re finished, the crew records the completed job with time-stamped photographs. Once our crew is done, you will be alerted that the job is complete with the photographs to show you that the snow has been safely removed.
Please note that we try to have every property serviced in a timely manner but all services are weather dependent.
We always pick up the phone, and we’re looking forward to speaking with you—so give us a call or order online.
We Are Certified Professionals
Yardworx professionals are members of the Accredited Snow Contractors Association (ASCA) with select management being certified with the association. We work closely together to ensure new Industry Standards are met and exceeded. We take great pride in our work and strive to provide utmost customer satisfaction