Sidewalk Snow Removal
Sidewalk Snow Removal in Calgary and Edmonton
Winter in Alberta means snow. Lots of snow. Inches and inches with every snowfall. After a few snowfalls, your sidewalks and pathways are possibly covered in snow.
All that snow may look pretty in your yard but it’s a hazard when it builds up on your sidewalks.
For your and your neighbour’s safety, you need to remove that snow from your sidewalks and pathways, and you need to do it fast. The longer you let it build up, the deeper and icier it can get.
That’s where the snow removal professionals at Yardworx come in. We offer sidewalk snow removal for Calgary and Edmonton residents and businesses – so you don’t have to do it yourself.
Residential Snow RemovalMonthly Flat Rate
- Front walk and the walk to the front door
- Clearing within 24 hours after a snowfall
- Unlimited visits after every snowfall
Commercial Snow RemovalMonthly Flat Rate
- Sidewalk & doorway clearing
- Clearing every 24 hours in multi-day snowfall
- Comply with all city bylaws
One-Time Snow RemovalOne-Time Fee
- One hour minimum
- Available for residential and commercial
- Comply with all city bylaws
Why Choose Yardworx?
Yardworx is the one-stop shop for lawn care.
No Hidden Fees
There are no hidden fees, we don’t waste time.
Years of Experience
30 years of experience gives us the expertise to get the job done right.
We offer the best value for a great-looking property.
Superior Customer Service
We actually pick up our phones and reply to your emails right away!
Insured & Bonded
We ensure a property owner is never negatively affected.
Have questions before you order?
What Does Yardworx Offer?
Fortunately, Yardworx offers both residential and commercial snow shovelling services.
We will shovel your private pathways, as well as the city sidewalks and pathways. Even though the sidewalks might be public, they are still your responsibility.
During our visits, our crew will ensure that your property is clear of snow.
This includes city sidewalks and pathways, private sidewalks & pathways, driveways, stairs, ramps, handrails, parking stalls (including handicap stalls), paths for garbage bins and mail, and fire exits.
What Does Yardworx Offer?
Our residential snow removal package is designed to keep your property safe and accessible throughout the winter season. Here’s what we offer:
- Prompt Snow Clearing: Within 24 hours of the end of a snowfall, our crew will clear your front walk and path to your front door.
- Unlimited Visits: We offer unlimited visits after every snowfall, ensuring that your property remains clear and safe.
- Flexible Billing: We provide a flexible billing date range to accommodate your needs and preferences.
- Additional Areas: You have the option to add extra areas for snow clearing, such as driveways, corner lots, oversized lots, and back areas, at an additional cost.
- Flat Monthly Rate: We offer a flat monthly rate for both residential and commercial properties, providing convenience and transparency.
- Multiple Visits: Our dedicated crew can come out more than once per day, if required, to maintain the safety and accessibility of your property.
Our commercial snow removal package ensures the safety and accessibility of your property during winter. Here’s what we offer:
- Unlimited Sidewalk Clearing: Prompt visits after every snowfall to clear your sidewalks, ensuring safe passage for pedestrians.
- Customized Pricing: Tailored flat monthly rate based on your property’s square footage, including considerations for high traffic areas.
- Additional Visits: Available multiple times per day, priced per man hour with a minimum of one hour per visit.
- Parking Lot and Public Area Clearing: Comprehensive snow shoveling and plowing services for your parking lots and public spaces. We can haul away excess snow and apply gravel, sand, or Ice Melt to prevent ice buildup.
What's Included in Our Monthly Plans
This package is available to homes in both Calgary and Edmonton.
- We offer a flat monthly rate for residential and commercial properties
- Our crew can come out more than once per day
- Clearing your front walk and the walk to the front door.
- Clearing snow within 24 hours after a snowfall ends.
- Unlimited visits after a snowfall. This means if it snows for 30 days per month, we will make 30 visits (up to once per day).
- Flexible billing date range.
Our crew can take special care of your deck and patio, clear stairs and handrails for safety and ensure access to garbage bins, mailboxes, and other important features of your property to prevent any lasting damage. Ask us about these services at the time of booking.
We also offer one-time snow removal.
What's Not Included in Our Monthly Plans
- Ice melt services are not included in our monthly plan for both commercial and residential customers.
- Gravel and snow hauling services are also not included in the monthly plan for commercial customers.
- Any additional plows over the first two in the month are not part of the monthly commercial plan.
Frequently Asked Questions
No, our crews are trained to pile the snow where it needs to go. The snow that falls onto the private property must be piled on private property. The snow that falls onto public sidewalks can be piled on public/city property.
Crews are dispatched on trace amounts of snow – we clear the snow within 24 hours of the end of the snowfall event.
No, we do edge to edge down to the pavement. If you would like your driveway cleared, we will need to clear the whole area for liability reasons.
Our crews only use child/animal safe ice melt – this is not salt, but a special chemical specified to work on ice while not causing harm to pets or children if they come into contact with it.
Ice Melt is $2.50/lb and is applied at our contractor’s discretion – 1 lb is approx. the size of a large Tim Hortons cup and services up to 30-40 ft of the sidewalk.
No, all our crews are kept on standby, so we do not offer discounts if there is no snow during a specific month of your contract. The crews rely on this income to stay on call.
Plastic Shovels/backpack blowers/metal scrapers.
We Are Certified Professionals
Book with us in 3 Simple Steps
Our team will follow up with you on your order to verify your quote and ensure we have all the directions and specifications we need.
Our system alerts the crew best suited for your job. The crew will come to you as soon as possible, sometimes immediately.
*Our crews arrive within 24 hours (in most cases) and provide time-stamped photos upon completion. Once done, you’re notified with the images, confirming snow removal. Please note, service timing depends on weather conditions.
We’re here to answer your call or online order promptly. Contact us today!