Sidewalk Snow Removal
Sidewalk Snow Removal in Calgary and Edmonton
Winter in Alberta means snow. Lots of snow.
Inches and inches and even more inches with every snowfall. After a few snowfalls, your sidewalks and pathways are possibly covered in snow.
All that snow may look pretty in your yard but it’s a hazard when it builds up on your sidewalks.
For your and your neighbour’s safety, you need to remove that snow from your sidewalks and pathways, and you need to do it fast. The longer you let it build up, the deeper and icier it can get.
That’s where the snow removal professionals at Yardworx come in. We offer sidewalk snow removal for Calgary and Edmonton residents and businesses – so you don’t have to do it yourself.
What Happens if You Don't Shovel Your Sidewalks?
You can let the snow build up in your yard but you can’t let it stay on your sidewalks. Shovelling the snow from your sidewalks is imperative, for a number of reasons.
- You need to remove snow and ice – down to the bare surface – from public sidewalks bordering your private property within 24 hours of a snowfall ending. Owners of rental properties are responsible for arranging for snow and ice removal when they reside elsewhere.
- You need to remove a minimum width of 1.5 meters of snow and ice – down to the bare surface – from a public pathway bordering your property, also within 24 hours of a snowfall ending. Applicable pathways are those that run parallel and adjacent to a street, with or without separation between the pathway and street (e.g. a grass boulevard).
- You need to pile snow from your private driveway or walkway on your own property (e.g. front lawn). Snow from a public sidewalk or pathway may be shovelled onto another public property, such as a road.
Residential Snow RemovalMonthly Flat Rate
- Front walk and the walk to the front door
- Clearing within 24 hours after a snowfall
- Unlimited visits after every snowfall
Commercial Snow RemovalMonthly Flat Rate
- Sidewalk & doorway clearing
- Clear every 24 hour for a multi-day snow event
- Comply with all city bylaws
One-Time Snow RemovalOne-Time Fee
- One hour minimum
- Available for residential and commercial
- Comply with all city bylaws
Book Services 24/7
What Does Yardworx Offer?
Fortunately, Yardworx offers both residential and commercial snow shovelling services.
We will shovel your private pathways, as well as the city sidewalks and pathways. Even though the sidewalks might be public, they are still your responsibility.
During our visits, our crew will ensure that your property is clear of snow.
This includes city sidewalks and pathways, private sidewalks & pathways, driveways, stairs, ramps, handrails, parking stalls (including handicap stalls), paths for garbage bins and mail, and fire exits.
- Snow clearing within 24 hours of the end of a snowfall
- Unlimited visits after every snowfall – this means if it snows for 30 days/month, we will make 30 visits
- Flexible billing date range
- We offer a flat monthly rate for residential and commercial properties
- Our crew can come out more than once per day
We understand the ins and outs of Calgary and Edmonton’s city bylaws. After all, we’ve done this for over 25 years in Alberta.
How Much Does Snow Removal Cost?
What’s Not Included in Our Monthly Plan:
Ice melt services are not included in our monthly plan for both commercial and residential customers.
- About one pound of ice removal clears about 30-40 feet of sidewalk.
- This service costs $2 per pound as well as $62.50 per worker per hour.
Gravel and snow hauling services are also not included in the monthly plan for commercial customers.
Any additional plows over the first two in the month are not part of the monthly commercial plan.
Frequently Asked Questions
No, our crews are trained to pile the snow where it needs to go. The snow that falls onto the private property must be piled on private property. The snow that falls onto public sidewalks can be piled on public/city property.
Crews are dispatched on trace amounts of snow – we clear the snow within 24 hours of the end of the snowfall event.
No, we do edge to edge down to the pavement. If you would like your driveway cleared, we will need to clear the whole area for liability reasons.
Our crews only use child/animal safe ice melt – this is not salt, but a special chemical specified to work on ice while not causing harm to pets or children if they come into contact with it.
Ice Melt is $2.00+gst per lb and is applied at our contractor’s discretion – 1 lb is approx. the size of a large Tim Hortons cup and services up to 30-40 ft of the sidewalk.
No, all our crews are kept on standby, so we do not offer discounts if there is no snow during a specific month of your contract. The crews rely on this income to stay on call.
Plastic Shovels/backpack blowers/metal scrapers.
Why Choose Yardworx
Our professional crews offer a variety of services to ensure your residence remains clear of ice and snow, usually before 2:00 p.m. We’ll bring the right tools for the job, every time, for maximum efficiency and minimum environmental impact.
Book with us in 3 simple steps
Step 1: Book your services 24/7 through our online form. Chances are if there is a snow event happening, our teams will be standing by!
Step 2: Our team will follow up with you on your order to verify your quote and ensure we have all the directions and specifications we need.
Step 3: Our system alerts the crew best suited for your job. The crew will come to you as soon as possible, sometimes immediately.
Crews will arrive at your site within 24 hours (in most cases). When they’re finished, the crew records the completed job with time-stamped photographs. Once our crew is done, you will be alerted that the job is complete with the photographs to show you that the snow has been safely removed.
Please note that we try to have every property serviced in a timely manner but all services are weather dependent.
We always pick up the phone, and we’re looking forward to speaking with you—so give us a call or order online.
Yardworx professionals are members of the Accredited Snow Contractors Association (ASCA) with select management being certified with the association. We work closely together to ensure new Industry Standards are met and exceeded. We take great pride in our work and strive to provide utmost customer satisfaction