Fall Clean Up Calgary and Edmonton
When winter is coming, you need to prepare your lawn for the cold and snowy months ahead.
Raking and disposing of leaves, doing the final grass cutting and trimming, and aerating your lawn takes time and energy – even if you only have a small yard.
The bigger your yard, the more work it is. You could easily spend several weekends getting your lawn in a good shape for the winter.
If you’re in the Calgary or Edmonton areas, let Yardworx do your fall clean up for you.
We’ll do everything necessary to prepare your lawn for winter – and you don’t have to do any of the work.
Our fall clean up services are offered during late fall, depending on the weather. We start when 75% of the leaves have fallen and keep going until it snows. If the snow melts, we continue to go back out until the snow doesn’t melt anymore.
Our Fall Clean-Up Packages
At Yardworx we offer two affordable fall clean up packages for residential customers:
Other Fall Services
We also offer other fall services upon request, including Fertilization and Irrigation Shut Down.
Fall/winter tree pruning is also recommended by our experts to help maintain the health, growth, and structure of your trees and shrubs.
Regular pruning minimizes the risk of broken limbs and falling branches, and a properly pruned tree will have fewer diseases as well as clean, even growth. However, different trees require different pruning times, such as elm trees can only be done in the winter.
If you are interested in booking our pruning services, please call our office and we will send a certified arborist to assess your trees.
Our Pricing(pricing based on properties ranging from under 2,500sq ft up to 13,000sq ft)
- Fall Clean Up: $152.00 – $251.00
- Fall Clean Up + Aeration: $194.00 – $325.00
- Fertilization: $51.00 – 91.00
- Core Aeration Only: $73.50 – $189.00
- Irrigation Shut Down: Starting at $100.00
- Bagging & Removal of Debris: $3.50 per bag
We also offer fall clean up services for commercial customers.
The basic commercial fall clean up package includes the final grass cut and trim, leaf raking and hauling leaves and debris.
We also offer fall aeration at an additional cost.
Why A Fall Clean-Up Is Important
To keep your lawn healthy, you need to prepare it for winter.
If you don’t give your lawn a final trim and take care of all those fall leaves before your grass goes dormant for the season, your lawn may be in sad shape when spring comes around.
What does your lawn need in the fall to prepare for healthy growth in the spring?
Here are the main things that need to be done:
- Final cut and trim: Cutting your grass in the fall is different from doing it in the spring or summer. The final cut of your grass should be done on the shortest mower setting available. This lets more sunlight reach the base of the grass and ensures that there’s less of the blade to turn brown during our long winters.
- Leaf raking: Fall leaves look pretty on your trees, but leaves can do real harm to your lawn. Fallen leaves need to be raked before they get wet and stick together, which makes them more difficult to remove.
- Leaf and debris removal: It’s vitally important that grass clippings and leaves be thoroughly removed from your lawn before the first snowfalls. If not, leaves and debris will form a virtually impenetrable barrier that will suffocate the grass and form a breeding ground for fungal diseases.
- Lawn aeration: Aeration can be done at any time of the year but is best done in the fall. When you aerate your lawn, you make it easier for oxygen, water, and fertilizer to reach the roots of your grass.
- Irrigation shutdown: It goes without saying that you need to shut down your irrigation system and blow the air out of the lines before any water gets a chance to freeze. Frozen irrigation lines can burst during our cold winters and lead to costly repairs in the spring.
Why Choose Yardworx
Step 1: Book your services 24/7 through our online form
Step 2: Based on your postal code and requests, the appropriate crew with the right experience and tools will be assigned.
Step 3: A service provider from the assigned crew will contact you within 2 business days to book a time to meet and discuss your landscape.
Step 4: A quote will be provided to you via email after your meeting with our service provider.
The whole process should take less than a week and we can have the work done within 1-2 weeks depending on the scope.
Please note that you do not need to be home for services like sod work.
We always pick up the phone, and we’re looking forward to speaking with you—so give us a call or order online.